Saturday 2 August 2008

Knee Update

Tuesday, 29th July. 09:00. Mobile unit at Barking Hospital.

That was my appointment day, time and place for my MRI scan, for my right knee. My brother gave me a lift before he went to work, which resulted in me being a half hour early. Lucky for me, the bloke scheduled before me had also got there early and was finished, thus, I got to go in early.

I went in the machine feet first and up to my shoulders (so just my head was out). I was a bit miffed - as the radio they'd put on for me kept cutting out and as it was pre-9am, all I got was the news *sighs*. Anyway, so I was in the scanner for what felt like hours; but was really a mere twenty minutes; and my knee was starting to hurt - as they had to pack it in place so it didn't spasm during the scan, unfortunately, the position they'd put it in was not a position I'd put the injured joint in; hence the pain.

So, anyway, finally had the scan. Been told should have the results in four days (so hopefully I'll hear something Monday.) Here's hoping that after 9 months of messing me around, my knee can finally start getting seen to.

No comments: